Nonahood students are encouraged to continue reading this summer with a host of local resources.
OCPS encourages students to visit summerreading.ocps.net to obtain reading lists by grade level, search for books, apps, interactive literacy websites, and much more. Students may also access the Scholastic’s Summer Reading Challenge via this site. The challenge will log in the minutes that our students read. OCPS has set a goal for the students to read 20 million words.
Summer Media Center Hours
The Nonahood schools’ media centers listed below will be open on the following dates/times for book checkout.
Eagle Creek Elementary
- July 12 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 19 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Lake Nona Middle School
- July 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Lake Nona High School
- July 11 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- July 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- July 13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- July 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- July 18 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- July 19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Elementary Book Club
Ms. Brinzo is excited to host a book club this summer at Eagle Creek Elementary to discuss some of the books on the grades 3-5 Sunshine State list. If you would like to join her for book discussions, please plan to have the books read by the dates listed here:
- Meet on July 21 at 12 noon, Media Center, to discuss Pet War by Allan Woodrow.
- Meet on Aug. 2, at 12 noon, Media Center, to discuss Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley.