It’s the end of the year. You’re running reports, checking your numbers, and analyzing your business practices. You reflect on what worked for your business and what needs to be changed in the new year. One of the trickiest components to evaluate is how healthy your company is, yet it’s a major factor in running a successful organization.
Without clear guidelines and procedures, your organization is sure to endure challenges, frustrations and inefficiency. That’s why the Entrepreneurial Operating System® created the Six Key Components™ of any business.
The Six Key Components™
- Vision. Strengthening this component means getting everyone in the organization 100 percent on the same page with where you’re going and how you’re going to get there.
- People. Simply put, we can’t do it without great people. This means surrounding yourself with great people, top to bottom, because you can’t achieve a great vision without a great team.
- Data. This means cutting through all the feelings, personalities, opinions and egos and boiling your organization down to a handful of objective numbers that give you an absolute pulse on where things are.
- Issues. Strengthening this component means becoming great at solving problems throughout the organization – setting them up, knocking them down, and making them go away forever.
- Process. This is the secret ingredient in your organization. This means “systemizing” your business by identifying and documenting the core processes that define the way to run your business. You’ll need to get everyone on the same page with what the essential procedural steps are, and then get everyone to follow them to create consistency and scalability in your organization.
- Traction®. This means bringing discipline and accountability into the organization – becoming great at execution – taking the vision down to the ground and making it real.
By following the Six Key Components™, your company will be strengthened and can begin running at maximum productivity. I encourage you and your leadership team to take the Organizational Checkup™ and get your finger on the pulse of your company today!
Take the free Organizational Checkup™ by going to https://organizationalcheckup.com.