Camp Gladiator (CG) is an all ages, all fitness levels, outdoor boot camp that prides itself on building communities whilst getting physically healthy. Workouts are always different, fun, yet challenging, and trainers are energetic, knowledgeable and genuine. With 90 locations and thousands of campers across the city of Orlando, there are three locations in the beautiful area of Lake Nona.
Meet Lake Nona resident Cathy, a current camper who stumbled across CG whilst reading Nonahood News.
Name: Catherine S. Manger
Occupation: Self-Employed Physical Therapist – Lake Nona Physiotherapy Inc. (Home Health Services providing Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy.)
Favorite Workout: Agility Week (It improves my coordination, balance and endurance.)
How did you hear about CG: I was reading Vernice’s article in Nonahood News and saw the details about Camp Gladiator. I was looking for a new fitness program, so I contacted the trainer who responded within minutes. I was at my first workout the following week and have never looked back.
How long have you been with CG: Since April 2018.
What was your first CG experience like: The first week I attended, I felt very deconditioned with poor strength and endurance. I was initially frustrated, but with the encouragement of the campers and trainer, I persevered. I attended the whole week without missing a session, though I had a hard time getting out of my bed each morning and using the stairs, but I improved quickly. I now move better, run faster, feel fitter, and my Inbody test shows that I have also built muscle!!
How many check-ins/workouts: Over 121 (sometimes I forget to check in.)
Why do you love CG:
- There are so many workouts all over the city that I can access with the app, and they are always outdoors.
- I don’t feel judged, and it really is designed for all fitness levels and ages.
- The workouts are always different and we often work as a team or in partners, which really motivates me. It is also so positive to be around people with common goals.
- Camp Gladiator allows you to develop friendships, learn and socialize with people in your neighborhood.
- All workouts are one hour and burn a lot of calories.
- The trainer is very fit, motivating, knowledgeable about proper body mechanics, and is able to modify exercises so we are all successful.
- I often refer patients to camp as they offer locations all over the city.
As the Primary Camp Gladiator Trainer in Lake Nona, I have watched this amazing community not only grow but thrive. Our mission is to positively impact the physical fitness and ultimately the lives of as many people as possible, and I am so blessed to be able to do this with the support of Nonahood News. Many of my campers would not have connected with CG if it were not for this newspaper and its mission to support local business and develop this amazing community.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or drop by for a workout at one of my following locations.
Vernice Salveron-Gasper CPT, Partner Trainer can be reached at (321) 947-9948 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Like Camp Gladiator on Facebook and follow @campGladiator on Instagram for exclusive offers, fitness tips, pictures, events, camp updates and more! Visit the website at campGladiator.com.
LOCATION & TIMES
Lake Nona Family Dentistry – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 5:15 a.m.
Spring of Life United Methodist Church – Tuesday, Thursday 5:45 a.m.
Moss Park Elementary School – Monday, Wednesday 6:30 p.m.